The Last Update Time : ..
Yan LI (BSc, MSc, PhD)
Associate Professor (July, 2017- Present)
Advanced Manufacturing Centre, China University of Geosciences (Wuhan), Wuhan 430074
E-mail：firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: +86 02767886373
Research interests: DLP, SLM, Multifunctional Composites
If you would like to join us, please contact Associate Prof. YAN LI (email@example.com) and include your CV with research interests and potential project ideas.
In the application, please indicate your interests in working at Yan Research Lab. We welcome researchers with different backgrounds in materials science, gemology, chemistry, physics, and related fields.
Oct. 2012 -Nov.2016
PhD, Materials Science, Queen Mary, University of London
UK TSB support Project: Nanosynth Project. Full Scholarship.
Graphene-Reinforced Epoxies for High Performance Applications
Sep. 2008 - July 2011
MSc, Mineralogy, Petrology, Mineral deposit, China University of Geosciences (Beijing) 1st with honors, Excellent Thesis.
Sep. 2004 - July 2008
BSc, Gemstones & Materials Technology, China University of Geosciences (Beijing)
1. NSFC Funding, Study on Functional Gradient Structure Design and Wave Absorbing Performance Optimization of 3D Printed Graphene-based Nanocomposites, No. 51902295. (100%, RMB 250,000, 2020/1/1-2022/12/31)
2. Central University - Outstanding Talents Cultivation Fund Project, Research on graphene enhanced bio-based photosensitive resin in additive manufacturing technology formation; No. CUG170677. (100%, RMB 300,000, Completed)
3. Wuhan Science and Technology Bureau Funding, Key technology of green laser selective melting additive manufacturing of high-resolution and high thermal conductivity diamond composites, No. 2020010601012172. (100%, RMB 500,000, 2020/1/1-2022/12/31)
4. Hubei Natural Fund project, Regulation and Stability Mechanism of 3D Gradient Porous Structure of Carbon/TiO2 and Rectorite for Water Treatment, No. 2019 CFB264. (100%, RMB 50,000, Completed)
5. Hubei Jewelry Engineering Technology Research Center, Key technology of laser selective melting additive manufacturing of high-resolution and high thermal conductivity copper composite, CIGTXM-03-202003. (100%, RMB 50,000, on-going)
1. Department of science and technology of Hubei Province, (2021), Integrated additive manufacturing of new engine thrust chamber and cooling structure of dissimilar metals. ( RMB: 2,600,000, on-going)
2. Hubei jewelry Engineering Technology Research Center, Silver alloy additive manufacturing, No. CIGTXM-01-202001. ( RMB: 500,000, on-going)
3. NSFC International Exchange and Cooperation Project, Multiple Mineral Material (M3) Additive Manufacturing and Digital Design for Sustainability, No. 5191101701. (Co-PI, RMB: 500,000, on-going)
4. National key R&D Plan Project, Research on Origin Traceability and Adulteration Identification Technology of Resources and High Value Products, No. 2018YFF0215400. (Co-PI, RMB: 2,600,000, completed)
5. NSFC Funding, Preparation and wear properties of new low-cost and high-performance wear resistance ceramics, No. 51272241. ( RMB: 800,000, completed)
6. British TSB Project, NanoSynth: Graphene-Reinforced Epoxies for High Performance Applications, No. 101257. http://www.nanosynthproject.org.uk/ (My Ph.D research, completed)
7. European Project, Polygraph: Up-Scaled Production of Graphene Reinforced Thermosetting Polymers for Composite, Coating and Adhesive Applications, No.604143, http://www.polygraphproject.eu / (My Ph.D research, completed)
8. Industrial Funding, Precious metal jewelry digital design and manufacturing industry technology innovation center, ( RMB: 3,000,000, on-going)
9. Industrial Funding, Research on the application of precious metal 3D printing in high-end jewelry customization. ( RMB: 300,000, completed)
10. Industrial Fuding, Development of finger ring measuring equipment and 3D printing jewelry. (RMB: 500,000, completed)
· L. Hao, Y Li, Fundamentals of 3D Food Printing and Applications: Material, Process and Business Development for 3D Chocolate Printing. Academic Press, (2018), ISBN: 9780128145647.
· Y Li, Triply Periodic Minimal Surface Lattices Additively Manufactured by Selective Laser Melting, Academic Press, (2021). ISBN: 9780128244388.
 Li Y., Feng Z., Peijs T., A Review on Functionally Graded Materials and Structures via Additive Manufacturing: from Multi-scale Design to Versatile Functional Properties, Advanced Materials Technologies, 2020. DOI:10.1002/admt.201900981.
 Li Y., Feng Z., Essa K., Bilotti E., Peijs T. Additive manufacturing high performance graphene-based composites: A review. Composites Part A：Applied Science and Manufacturing, 2019, 124: 105483.
 Li Y., Peijs T., Bilotti E., et al, Synergistic Effects of Spray-Coated Mixed Carbon Nanoparticles for Enhanced Electrical and Thermal Surface Conductivity of CFRP Laminates, Composites Part A：Applied Science and Manufacturing, 2018, 105: 9-18.
 Cheng K., Xiong W., Li Y.*, Hao L., et al. In-situ deposition of diamond on functionally graded copper scaffold for improved thermal conductivity and mechanical properties. Materials Letters, 2021, 299: 130050.
 Cheng K., Li Y.*, In-situ Deposition of Three-Dimensional Graphene on Selective Laser Melted Copper Scaffolds for High Performance Applications, Composites Part A：Applied Science and Manufacturing, 2020, 135: 105904. DOI: doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesa.2020.105904.
 Gong P., Hao L.*, Li Y., Li Z.*, Xiong W., 3D-Printed Carbon Fiber/Polyamide-based Flexible Honeycomb Structural Absorber for Multifunctional Broadband Microwave Absorption, Carbon, Accepted. 2021.
 Wang Y., Xiong W., Tang D., Hao L., Li Z., Li Y. and Cheng K. Rheology effect and enhanced thermal conductivity of diamond/metakaolin geopolymer fabricated by direct ink writing, Rapid Prototyping Journal, 2021, 27(5): 837-850. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/RPJ-06-2020-0124.
 Gong P., Hao L.*, Tang D., Li Y.*. Design of a debinding process for polymetallic material green parts fabricated via metal paste injection 3D printing with dual nozzles. RSC Advances, 2020, 10. DOI: 10.1039/C9RA07550J.
 Giovanni S., Li Y., et al. Breaking the nanoparticle loading-dispersion dichotomy in polymer nanocomposites with the art of croissant-making, ACS NANO. 2018, 12(9): 9040-9050. DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.8b02877.
 Tang D., Hao L., Li Y., et al, Investigation of Wax-Based Barite Slurry and Deposition for 3D Printing Landslide Model, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 2018, 108: 99-106.
 Tang D., Hao L., Li Y.*, et al. Direct Ink Writing of Mineral Materials —A review, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing-Green Technology，2020. DOI: doi.org/10.1007/s40684-020-00222-6.
 Xiong W., Hao L.*, Li Y.*, Tang D., Cui Q., Feng Z., Yan C. Effect of selective laser melting parameters on morphology, microstructure, densification and mechanical properties of supersaturated silver alloy. Materials & Design, 2019, 170: 107697.
 Tang D., Hao L., Li Y.*, et al. Dual gradient direct ink writing for formation of kaolinite ceramic functionally graded materials. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2020, 814: 152275.
 Tang D., Hao L., Li Y.*. and Li Z. Effect of clay functionally graded materials on dual gradient direct ink writing behavior and microstructure of geological model", Rapid Prototyping Journal, 2020, 26(1): 39-48. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/RPJ-01-2019-0023.
 Li Z., Qi W., Cao J., Li Y.*, Viola G., Jia C., Yan H. Multiferroic properties of single phase Bi3NbTiO9 based textured ceramics. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2019, 788: 701-704.
 Feng Z., Li Y.*, Hao L., et al. Graphene-Reinforced Biodegradable Resin Composites for Stereolithographic 3D Printing of Bone Structure Scaffolds. Journal of Nanomaterials, 2019:1-13.
 Pan R., Li Y.*. Microscopic morphology, thermodynamic and mechanical properties of thermoplastic polyurethane fabricated by selective laser sintering，Materials Research Express, 2020, 7(5): 055301. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/ab8b87.
 Feng Z., Li Y.*, Zhang H. Fabrication of Graphene-Reinforced Nanocomposites with Improved Fracture Toughness in Net Shape for Complex 3D Structures via Digital Light Processing，Journal of Carbon Research，2019, 5(2): 25. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/c5020025.
 Feng Z., Liu L., Li L., Chen J., Liu Y., Li Y., Hao L., Wu Y. 3D printed Sm-doped ceria composite electrolyte membrane for low temperature solid oxide fuel cells. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy，2019, 44(26): 13843-13851.
 Li Z., Qi W., Cao Jun., Li Y., Viloa G. Spark plasma sintering of grain-oriented Sr2Bi4Ti5O18 aurivillius phase ceramics, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2019. 782(25): 6-9.
 Cao J., Koval V., Zhang H., Lin Y., Wu J., Meng N., Li Y., Li Z., Zhang H., Yan H. Crystal structure and electrical properties of textured Ba2Bi4Ti5O18 ceramics. Journal of the European Ceramic Society 2019, 39(4): 1042-1049.
 Li Y., Peijs T., Bilotti E., et al, Mechanical, Electrical and Thermal Properties of In-situ Exfoliated Graphene/Epoxy Nanocomposites. Composites Part A：Applied Science and Manufacturing, 2017, 95: 229-36.
 Li Y., Peijs T., Bilotti E., et al, Graphite Nanoplatelet (GNP) Modified Epoxy Resin for Carbon Fibre Reinforced plastics (CFRP) with Enhanced Properties. Journal of Nanomaterials, 2017, Article ID 5194872. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/5194872.
 Li Y., Peijs T., Bilotti E., et al, In-situ exfoliation of graphene in epoxy resins: a facile strategy to efficient and large scale graphene nanocomposites. ACS Applied materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8(36): 24112-24122.
 Li Y., Peijs T., Bilotti E., et al, Enhanced Thermal and Electrical properties of polystyrene - graphene nanoplatelet nanofibres via electro spinning. Journal of Nanomaterials, 2016, Article ID 4624976. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/4624976.
 Li Y., Zhang H., Fang M. Characterization of dielectric performance of tourmaline single crystals from Yunnan, China. CrystEngComm. 2012, 14(21): 7153-7156.
 Li Y., Zhang H., Peijs T., et al. Graphene Delivery Systems for Hierarchical Fibre Reinforced Composites. MRS Advances, 2016, 19(1): 1339-1344.
 Li Y., Zhang H., Bilotti E., et al. Optimization of Three-Roll Mill Parameters for In-Situ Exfoliation of Graphene. MRS Advances, 2016, 19(1): 1389-1394.
 Li Y., Huang Z., Liu Y., Fang M. Preparation and Performance Characterization of Nanometer-Sized Tourmaline Films, Key Engineering Materials, 2013, 537: 252-255.
 Guo C., Zhang S., Li Y. 3D Geological Modeling and Assessment of Site Suitability based on Orthogonal Polynomials and Markov Matrix. International Information Institute (Tokyo). Information, 2012, 15(11): 47-55.
 Li Y., Guo Y. Colorimetry Study on Red Tourmaline Color Genesis, Key Engineering Materials, 2012, 512-515: 657-660.
 Li Y., Huang Z., Liu Y. Study on Mineral Composition and Main Mineral Morphology of Bauxite from ZhongXiang, HuBei Province, Key Engineering Materials, 2012,12-515: 648-651.
University of London  Materials science and Engineering  Postgraduate (Doctoral)  Doctoral Degree in Engineering
China University of Geosciences (Beijing)  Mineralogy, Petrology, and Economic Geology  Postgraduate (Master's Degree)  Master's Degree in Science
China University of Geosciences (Beijing)  Gems and materials technology  Undergraduate (Bachelor’s degree)  Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
China University of Geosciences (Wuhan) Gemmological Institute Associate Professor