The Last Update Time : ..
Jin Menggui, Professor of hydrogeology at China University of Geosciences (CUG), Wuhan, Registered Civil Engineer. Co-chair of IAH Commission on Regional Groundwater Flow (2011-2017)；Associate Editor of Hydrogeology Journal (2011-2014).
01/1974: Graduated from middle school.
10/1978-07/1982: B.Sc. study in hydrogeology and engineering geology at Wuhan College of Geology.
09/1986-07/1989: M.Sc. study in hydrogeology and engineering geology at China University of Geosciences.
09/1990-06/1995: Ph.D. study in hydrogeology and engineering geology at China University of Geosciences.
10/1998-Now: Professor, Department of Hydrogeology, School of Environmental Studies, CUG
11/1994-05/1998: Associate Professor, Faculty of Environmental Science and Geotechnique, CUG
01-06/2003: Visiting Scientist, US Salinity Laboratory, USDA.
05/1996-05/1998: Post-Doctor researcher in Wuhan University of Hydraulic and Electric Engineering
1991-1992, 1993, 1997: Visiting Researcher, Free University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
1989-1994: Lecturer of hydrogeology, Dept. of Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology, CUG.
1991-1996: Deputy Head of Teaching and Researching Section of Hydrogeology and Environmental Science, CUG.
1982-1988: Assistant lecturer of hydrogeology, Dept. of Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology, CUG.
1974-1978: Peasant in the countryside of Shucheng County, Anhui Province
Variably saturated flow and transport，
Groundwater flow systems,
Surface water and groundwater interaction,
Soil water and agro-geology，
Water-saving irrigation and drainage,
Numerical modeling of groundwater，
Pollution control of water and soil.
Dynamics of Groundwater,
Fundamentals of Hydrogeology,
Vadose zone hydrology.
2019-2022: Increase mechanism and source identification of nitrate of spring water in Jinan (41877192). National Natural Science Foundation of China.
2015-2018: Study of groundwater flow pattern and recharge and discharge in an arid inland basin (U1403282). National Natural Science Foundation of China.
2012-2015: Coordinate regulation mechanism of water, salinity and trace elements in a cotton field drip-irrigated under film with brackish water (41172218). National Natural Science Foundation of China.
2010-2014: Changes of shallow aquifers and groundwater recharge in the North China Plain, a subproject of evolutions and regulations of groundwater in the North China Plain. National Basic Research Program of China (973 Program, No.2010CB428802). Ministry of Science and Technology, China.
2011-1013 Research on transport and transformation of Chromium in vadose zone under surface recharge using reclaimed water (20100145110010). The Fund for Doctoral Program, Ministry of Education of China.
2007-2010: Technology on pre-treatment of recycled water for groundwater recharge, soil aquifer treatment system and assessment of water quality safety. Hi-tech Research and Development Program of China (863 Program, 2007AA06Z337). Ministry of Science and Technology, China.
2008-2010: Transport and phytoavailability of Cd in soil-water-plant system with Cd enriched soils in the middle reaches of Yangtze River (40772155). National Natural Science Foundation of China.
2009-2010 Investigations on groundwater pollution in representative polluted sites in Zhoukou, Huai Basin. China Geological Survey (1212010634505-2).
2007-2010: Regulation technologies of soil water and salinity in cotton fields using drip irrigation of brackish groundwater under film mulch in arid areas. National Key Technology R&D Program of China (2007BAD38B01).
2006-2008 Groundwater Governance in North China - A Case Study in the Zhengzhou Area. CPWF 42 [Groundwater Governance in Asia: Capacity Building through Action Research in the Indo-Gangetic (IGB) and Yellow River (YRB) Basins].
2005-2007: Optimum approaches for the patterns of hydrological cycles and salt accumulation in an arid-closed-inland basin. National Science Foundation of China (40472123).
2006-2007: Research on transport and transformation of nutrient elements and heavy metals in a crop–water-soil system. China Geological Survey.
2003-2005: Investigations and evaluations of groundwater resources in North China Plain. China Geological Survey.
2003-2005: Research on groundwater recharge in North China Plain. Funded by China Geological Survey.
2003-2005: Non-point pollutions for an arid-closed-inland basin. Ministry of Education.
2002-2003: Interactions of surface water - groundwater and sustainable use of water resources in Yanqi Basin, Xinjiang. World Bank Project Office, Xinjiang.
2000-2002: Research on soil water flow system and its application. National Science Foundation of China (49972083).
2000-2001: Environmental impacts of agricultural activities and conjunctive use of surface and groundwater in Yanqi Basin, Northwest China. Ministry of Education of China.
2000-2001: Research on pollution from old landfills in Wuhan and remedy techniques. Wuhan Government.
1999-2000: Research on soil water resources. Ministry of Land and Resources.
1999-2002: Research on utilization of soil water. China Geological Survey.
1996-2000: Estimation of groundwater recharge under variable crop cultivation practices in Hebei Plain. Funded by Ministry of Science and Technology of China and Netherlands Royal Academy of Sciences.
1993-1996: Research on the effective utilisation of soil water and brackish groundwater in Wangtong Test Area, Hebei Plain
01-06/2003: Visiting Scientist, US Salinity Laboratory, USDA with Prof. Dr. Rien van Genuchten.
05/97-08/97: Visiting researcher at Free University Amsterdam with Prof. Dr. Ian Simmers.
04/93-07/93: Visiting researcher at the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Free University Amsterdam with Prof. Dr. Ian Simmers.
1991-1992: Visiting researcher at the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Free University Amsterdam with Professor Dr. G.B. Engelen.
Zhang Renquan, Liang Xing, Jin Menggui, Wan Li, Yu Qingchun. 2018. Fundamentals of Hydrogeology (7th edition, 205 pages). Geological Publishing House.
Zhang Renquan, Liang Xing, Jin Menggui, Wan Li, Yu Qingchun. 2011. Fundamentals of Hydrogeology (6th edition, 199 pages). Geological Publishing House.
Jin Menggui, Fang Lianyu, et al. 2006. Soil water resource and its efficient use: a case study in the North China Plain (130 pages). China University of Geosciences Press.
Jin Menggui, Zhang Renquan, Sun Lianfa, et al, 1999. Coordination among agriculture, water resources and environment for sustainable development (120 pages). China University of Geosciences Press.
1. Xian Y, Jin MG*, Zhan HB*, Liu YF, 2019. Reactive Transport of Nutrients and Bioclogging during Dynamic Disconnection Process of Stream and Groundwater. Water Resources Research, 55. https://doi.org/10.1029/2019WR024826.
2. Ma B, Jin MG*, Liang X, Li J, 2019. Application of environmental tracers for investigation of groundwater mean residence time and aquifer recharge in fault-influenced hydraulic drop alluvium aquifers. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 23: 427-446. https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-23-427-2019.
3. Li XW, Jin MG*, Zhou NQ, Jiang SM, Hu YX, 2018. Inter-dripper variation of soil water and salt in a mulched drip irrigated cotton field: advantages of 3-D modelling. Soil & Tillage Research 184 (2018) 186–194. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.still.2018.07.016.
4. Liu YL, Jin MG*, Wang JJ. Insights into groundwater salinization from hydrogeochemical and isotopic evidence in an arid inland basin. Hydrological Processes. 2018; 32:3108–3127. https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.13243
5. Liu YL, Jin MG*, Ma B, Wang JJ, 2018. Distribution and migration mechanism of fluoride in groundwater in the Manas River Basin, Northwest China. Hydrogeology Journal, 26(?) 1-20, DOI: 10.1007/s10040-018-1780-8.
6. Chen WL, Jin MG*, Ferréc Ty P.A., Liu YF, Xian Y, Shan TR, Ping X, 2017. Spatial distribution of soil moisture, soil salinity, and root density beneath a cotton field under mulched drip irrigation with brackish and fresh water. Field Crops Research 215C (2018): 207-221. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fcr.2017.10.019.
7. Ma B, Jin MG*, Liang X, Li. 2018. Groundwater mixing and mineralization processes in a mountain–oasis–desert basin, northwest China: hydrogeochemistry and environmental tracer indicators. Hydrogeology Journal, 26:233-250.
8. Chen WL, Jin MG*, Xian Y, Ferré T. Combined Effect of Sodium Chloride and Boron in Irrigation Water on Cotton Growth. Agronomy Journal, 2017, 109(4): 1388-1396. doi:10.2134/agronj2016.07.0416.
9. Xian Y, Jin MG*, Liu YF, Si AN. Impact of lateral flow on the transition from connected to disconnected stream–aquifer systems. Journal of Hydrology. 548(2017): 353-367 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2017.03.011
10. Wang JL, Jin MG*, Lu GP, Zhang DL, Kang FX, Jia BJ, 2016. Investigation of discharge-area groundwaters for recharge source characterization on different scales: the case of Jinan in northern China. Hydrogeology Journal. 24(7):1723–1737. DOI 10.1007/s10040-016-1428-5.
11. Li X, Jin M*, Zhou N, Huang J, Jiang S, Telesphore H, 2016. Evaluation of evapotranspiration and deep percolation under mulched drip irrigation in an oasis of Tarim basin, China. Journal of Hydrology 538: 677–688, doi: http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1016/j.jhydrol. 2016.04.045. May 12, 2016.
12. Huang JO, Jin MG*, Kuo YM, Di ZJ, Xian Y, Yuan JJJ, 2016. Compartment model for estimating element content in a water–soil–cotton system. Agronomy Journal 108:129–140.
13. Li XW, Jin MG*, Huang JO, Yuan JJ, 2015. The soil-water flow system beneath a cotton field in arid north-west China, serviced by mulched drip irrigation using brackish water. Hydrogeology Journal. 23: 35–46, DOI 10.1007/s10040-014-1210-5.
14. Li XW, Jin M, Huang JO, Yuan JJ, 2014. The soil-water flow system beneath a cotton field in arid north-west China, serviced by mulched drip irrigation using brackish water. Hydrogeology Journal. DOI 10.1007/s10040-014-1210-5
15. Huo SY, Jin MG *, Liang X, Lin D, 2014. Changes of vertical groundwater recharge with increase in thickness of vadose zone simulated by one-dimensional variably saturated flow model. Journal of Earth Science, 25(6): 1043–1050. DOI: 10.1007/s12583-014-0486-7.
16. Wang Z, Jin M*, Šimůnek J, van Genuchten M. Th., 2014. Evaluation of mulched drip irrigation for cotton in arid Northwest China. Irrigation Science. 32(1): 15-27. doi: 10.1007/s00271-013-0409-x.
17. Lin D, Jin MG*, Liang X, Zhan HB. 2013 Estimating groundwater recharge beneath irrigated farmland using environmental tracers fluoride, chloride and sulfate. Hydrogeology Journal, 21: 1469–1480. DOI 10.1007/s10040-013-1015-y.
18. Sun, R., T.-C. J. Yeh, D. Mao, M. Jin, W. Lu, and Y. Hao, 2013. A temporal sampling strategy for hydraulic tomography analysis, Water Resour. Res., 49, 3881–3896, doi:10.1002/wrcr.20337. 973/3
19. Li J, Liang X, Jin MG, Mao XM. 2013. Geochemical signature of aquitard pore water and its paleo-environment implications in Caofeidian Harbor, China. Geochemical Journal, 47(11): 37-50.
20. Yang LM, Jin MG*, Tong CS, Xie SY. 2013. Study of dynamic sorption and desorption of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in silty-clay soil. Journal of Hazardous Materials 244-245:77-85. Doi: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.
21. Liang X, Quan DJ, Jin MG, Liu Y, Zhang RQ. 2013. Numerical simulation of groundwater flow patterns using flux as upper boundary. Hydrological processes, 27, 3475–3483. Doi: 10.1002/hyp.9477.
22. Kang FX Jin MG. 2011. Sustainable yield of a karst aquifer system: a case study of Jinan springs in northern China. Hydrogeology Journal. 19(4): 851-863. DOI: 10.1007/s10040-011-0725-2
23. Lu XH, Jin MG*, van Genuchten MTh., Wang BG. 2011. Groundwater Recharge at Five Representative Sites in the Hebei Plain, China. Ground Water. 49(2):286-294. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-6584.2009.00667.x.
24. Liang X, Liu Y, Jin MG*, Lu XC, Zhang RQ. 2010. Direct observation of complex T´othian groundwater flow systems in the laboratory. Hydrological processes. 24: 3568–3573. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.7758
25. Han DM., Liang X, Jin MG, Currell MJ, Han Y, Song XF, 2009. Hydrogeochemical Indicators of Groundwater Flow Systems in the Yangwu River Alluvial Fan, XinzhouBasin, Shanxi, China. Environmental Management. 44(2):243-255. DOI10.1007/ s00267-009-9301-0.
26. Sun RL, Jin MG, Giordano M, Villholth KG. 2009. Urban and rural groundwater use in Zhengzhou, China: challenges in joint management. Hydrogeology Journal. 17: 1495–1506. DOI10.1007/s10040- 009-0452-0.
27. Wang BG, Jin MG, Nimmo JR, Yang L, Wang WF, 2008. Estimating Groundwater Recharge in Hebei Plain, China under varying land use practices using tritium and bromide tracers. Journal of Hydrology. 356(1-2): 209-222. DOI 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2008.04.011.
28. Jin MG, Liang X, CAo YL, Zhang RQ, 2006. Availability, Status of Development, and Constraints for Sustainable Exploitation of Groundwater in China. In: Sharma, B.R., Willholth, K. G. and Sharma, K.D. (Eds.). Groundwater Research and Management: Integrating Science into Management Decisions. Malhotra Publishing House, New Delhi. Colombo, Sri Lanka: IWMI. (GGA Series 1): 47-61.
29. Jin MG, Zhang RQ, Sun LF, Gao YF, 1999. Temporal and spatial soil water management: a case study in the Heilonggang region, PR China. Agricultural Water Management. 42: 174-187.
30. Jin MG, Zhang RQ, Gao YF, 1998. Sustainable irrigation with brackish groundwater in Heilonggang Region, China. Journal of China University of Geosciences. 9(1): 90-94.
31. Jin MG, Wu BY, Zhang BH, 1993. Database management system for a groundwater regime. Ground Water, 31(4): 593-597.
(1) Jin Menggui, Xian Yang, Liu Yanfeng, 2017. Disconnected stream and groundwater interaction: a review. Advance in Water Sciece, 28(1): 149- 160. http://dx.doi.org/10.14042/j.cnki.32.1309.2017.01.017
(2) Jin Menggui，Luo Zejiao，Liang Xing, Bao Jianguo，Li Minjing，Li Ping, 2012. Security system of water quanlity for groundwater recharge with infiltration basin and reclaimed water. Earth Science. 37(2): 238-246.
(3) Jin Menggui，Tang Qingjia，Li Xianwen, 2012. Optimum location of pumping and injection wells of groundwater heat exchange system using numerical modeling of water and heat transport. Geological Science and Technology Information. 31(5): 128-135.
(4) Jin Menggui, Wang Zaimin, 2012. Progress of drip irrigation under film mulch using brackish water for cotton. Progresses of Hydrogeochemistry. Geological Publishing House, 137-144.
(5) Wang Zaimin, Jin Menggui, He Yujiang, Wang Bingguo, 2012. Water flow and salt transport in cotton field of mulched drip-irrigation using dye tracer. Earth Science. 37(5): 1093-1100
(6) Wang Zaimin, Jin Menggui, He Yujiang, Wang Bingguo, 2012. Optimization of mulched drip-irrigation with brackish water for cotton using soil-water-salt numerical simulation. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering. 28(17): 63-70.
(7) Du Jinlong, Jin Menggui, Ouyang Zhengping, Liu Yanfeng. 2008. Charactersitics of soil salinity profiles and relationship between salinity and soil particle composition in Yanqi Basin. Earth Science. 33(1): 131-136.
(8) Wang Bingguo, Jin Menggui, Wang Wenfeng, 2006. Soil moisture evaporation under different management measures in winter wheat field. Geological Science and Technology Information. 25(1): 77-82.
(9) Lu Xiaohui，Jin Menggui，Wang Binguo, 2006. Discussion on the soil water characteristic curve of the Agricultural Eco-System Experimental Station in Luancheng, Hebei Province. China Rural Water and Hydropower. (12): 30-32.
(10) Wang Bingguo, Jin Menggui, Fang Lianyu, et al, 2006. Simulation of soil water flow system in furrow winter wheat field. China Rural Water and Hydropower. (2): 35-37.
(11) Jin Menggui，Gao Yunfu，Wang Wenfeng，Wang Bingguo, 2005. Determination of lateral groundwater recharge using single well techniques of radioactive isotope. Hydrogeology & Engineering Geology. 32(4): 32-36,
(12) Liu Yanfeng, Jin Menggui, Jin Yingchun and Cao Yinglan, 2004. Characteristics of soil salinization in Yanqi Basin, Xinjiang. Bulletin of Soil and Water Conservation. 24(1): 49-52.
(13) Gan Dongke, Jin Menggui, Zhu Zhongdao and Wei Xiuqin, 2004. Study on groundwater evaporation with lysimeters in Zhengzhou. Safety and Environmental Engineering. 11(1): 47-50.
(14) Jin Menggui, Zhao Junying, Luo Zejiao, 2003. Analysis of soil catalase activity in winter wheat fields used different techniques of soil water utilization. Hydrogeology & Engineering Geology. 30(2): 11-14.
(15) Liu Yanfeng, Jin Menggui and Cao Yinglan, 2003. Study on short-term dynamic prediction for the water levels of Bosten Lake. Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering. 35(5): 5-7
(16) Han Qiankun, Jin Menggui, 2003. Study on discharge increment effect for acidized well of carbonate aquifers. China Rural Water and Hydropower. (1): 18-20.
(17) Jin Menggui, Liu Yanfeng, Dong Xinguang, Zhou Jinlong, 2002. Water-saving irrigation and control of agricultural pollution: a case study in Yanqi Basin, Xinjiang, China. Geological Science and Technology Information. 21(1): 51-54.
(18) Wang Binguo, Jin Menggui, 2002. A two dimensional numerical simulation of the soil water-nutrient-salinity in summer maize field. Geological Science and Technology Information. 21(1): 55-60.
(19) Zhou Min, Jin Menggui, Wei Xiuqin, Zhu Zhongdao, 2002. Analysis of precipitation recharge using observed data of lysimeter. Geological Science and Technology Information. 21(1):37-40.
(20) Jin Menggui, Zhang Renquan，Simmers, I., 1999. Study on evaluation of soil water resources. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering，(8): 30-34.
(21) Jin Menggui, Zhang Renquan, Gao Yunfu and Sun Lianfa, 1998. Preliminary study on soil water flow systems and applications. China Rural Water and Hydropower. 1998(5): 7-10.
(22) Jin Menggui, Zhang Renquan, Sun Lianfa, Gao Yunfu, 1998. On overall temporal and spatial management of soil water. Hydrogeology & Engineering Geology. 25(1): 47-50.
(23) Jin Menggui, Zhang Renquan, Gao Yunfu and Sun Lianfa, 1998. System analysis of agriculture -water resources-environment in Heilonggang region, China. Geological Science and Technology Information, 17 (Supplement): 109-115.
(24) Jin Menggui, Zhang Renquan, Sun Lianfa and Gao Yunfu, 1997. Characteristics of soil water resources and some evaluating indices. Geological Science and Technology Information, 16(2): 73-78.
(25) Jin Menggui, 1998. Some enlightenment from the university education of environmental engineering sciences in Western countries. Geological Science and Technology Information, 17( 2): 107-112.
(26) Jin Menggui, Gao Yunfu, Zhang Renquan, et al., 1997. Experiments for overall temporal and spatial management of soil water in fields. Earth Science, 22(6): 656-659.
· Investigation and assessment on sustainable utilization of groundwater in the North China Plain, the first -grade-scientific prize, the Ministry of Land and Resources of China in2009.
· Monitoring and modelling of water and salt in arid inland catchments, the second -grade-scientific prize, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region of China in 2005.
· Distinguished backbone teacher of university, the Ministry of Education, China in 2002.
· Research on environmental geology and mathematical model of groundwater in Geermu Region, Qinghai Province, Western China, third-grade-scientific prize, the Ministry of Geology and Mineral Resources, China in 1993.
· Research on the effective utilisation of soil water and brackish groundwater in Wangtong Test Area, Hebei Plain, third-grade-scientific prize, the Ministry of Geology and Mineral Resources, China in 1998.
· Pilot research on synthetic utilisation of water resources for agriculture in Wangtong Test Area, Hebei Province, third-grade-scientific prize, the Ministry of Geology and Mineral Resources, China in 1998.
武汉地质学院  水文地质  With Certificate of Graduation for Undergraduate Study  学士学位
中国地质大学  水文地质与工程地质  Doctoral Degree in Education  Doctoral Degree in Engineering
Associate editor of Hydrogeology Journal