The Last Update Time : ..
1. September 2002 - June 2005
School of Environmental Studies,
l Ph. D. received in June 2005
Dissertation “Groundwater System Evolution and Genesis of Relevant Environmental Problems: A Case Study at Taiyuan Basin, Shanxi Province,
2. September 1999 - June 2002
School of Environmental Studies,
l Master Degree received in June 2002
Dissertation “Characteristics of Karst Groundwater and Attenuation Process of Spring Discharge at the Shentou Karst Water System, Shanxi,
3. September 1995 - June 1999
Department of Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology,
l Bachelor Degree received in June 1999
Dissertation “Impact of groundwater on excavation support structure design of deep foundation pit”.
1. July 2005 - Present
Faculty Member, School of Environmental Studies,
l Promoted as Full Professor of Hydrogeology and Environmental Geology in December 2010 by China University of Geosciences.
l Promoted as Associate Professor of Hydrogeology and Environmental Geology in December 2007 by China University of Geosciences.
l Promoted as Lecturer of Hydrogeology and Environmental Geology in January 2006 by China University of Geosciences.
2. November 2015 - December 2015
Visiting Researcher, Institute of Applied Geosciences, Technical University Darmstadt, Darmstadt,
3. August 2013 - November 2013
Visiting Researcher, Water Resources Discipline,
4. May 2010 - May 2011
Visiting Researcher, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Waterloo, Waterloo,
Representative peer-reviewed papers
1. Qinghai Guo, Britta Planer-Friedrich, Li Luo, Mingliang Liu, Geng Wu, Yumei Li, Qian Zhao, 2020. Speciation of antimony in representative sulfidic hot springs in the YST Geothermal Province (China) and its immobilization by spring sediments. Environmental Pollution 266, 1-15.
2. Qinghai Guo, Tong He, Qifan Wu, Mingliang Liu, 2020. Constraints of major ions and arsenic on the geological genesis of geothermal water: Insight from a comparison between Xiong’an and Yangbajain, two hydrothermal systems in China. Applied Geochemistry 117, 1-9.
3. Qinghai Guo, Britta Planer-Friedrich, Mingliang Liu, Ketao Yan, Geng Wu, 2019. Magmatic fluid input explaining the geochemical anomaly of very high arsenic in some southern Tibetan geothermal waters. Chemical Geology 513, 32-43.
4. Qinghai Guo, Yumei Li, Li Luo, 2019. Tungsten from typical magmatic hydrothermal systems in
5. Qinghai Guo, Mingliang Liu, Li Luo, Ketao Yan, Wei Guo, Geng Wu, Weide Yan, Yanxin Wang, 2019. Geochemical controls on magnesium and its speciation in various types of geothermal waters from typical felsic-rock-hosted hydrothermal systems in
6. Qinghai Guo, Britta Planer-Friedrich, Mingliang Liu, Jiexiang Li, Chao Zhou, Yanxin Wang, 2017. Arsenic and thioarsenic species in the hot springs of the Rehai magmatic geothermal system, Tengchong volcanic region,
7. Qinghai Guo, Mingliang Liu, Jiexiang Li, Xiaobo Zhang, Wei Guo, Yanxin Wang, 2017. Fluid geochemical constraints on the heat source and reservoir temperature of the Banglazhang hydrothermal system, Yunnan-Tibet Geothermal Province, China. Journal of Geochemical Exploration 172, 109-119.
8. Qinghai Guo, Yaowu Cao, Yaqin Zhuang, Yijun Yang, Mindai Wang, Yanxin Wang, 2017. Effective treatment of arsenic-bearing water by a layered double metal hydroxide: iowaite. Applied Geochemistry 77, 206-212.
9. Qinghai Guo, Yaowu Cao, Jiexiang Li, Xiaobo Zhang, Yanxin Wang, 2015. Natural attenuation of geothermal arsenic from Yangbajain power plant discharge in the Zangbo River, Tibet,
10. Qinghai Guo, D. Kirk Nordstrom, R. Blaine McCleskey, 2014. Towards understanding the puzzling lack of acid geothermal springs in
11. Qinghai Guo, Mingliang Liu, Jiexiang Li, Xiaobo Zhang, Yanxin Wang, 2014. Acid hot springs discharged from the Rehai hydrothermal system of the Tengchong volcanic area (
12. Qinghai Guo, Jiao Tian, 2013. Removal of Fluoride and Arsenate from Aqueous Solution by Hydrocalumite via Precipitation and Anion Exchange. Chemical Engineering Journal 231, 121-131.
13. Qinghai Guo, Yin Zhang, Yaowu Cao, Yanxin Wang, Weide Yan, 2013. Boron sorption from aqueous solution by hydrotalcite and its preliminary application in geothermal water deboronation. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 20 (11), 8210-8219.
14. Qinghai Guo, 2012. Hydrogeochemistry of high-temperature geothermal systems in
15. Qinghai Guo, Eric J. Reardon, 2012. Calcined dolomite: an alternative to lime for minimizing undesirable element leachability from fly ash. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 51 (26), 9106-9116.
16. Qinghai Guo, Eric J. Reardon, 2012. Fluoride removal from water by meixnerite and its calcination product. Applied Clay Science 56, 7-15.
17. Qinghai Guo, Yanxin Wang, 2012. Geochemistry of Hot Springs in the Tengchong Hydrothermal Areas, Southwestern China. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 215-216, 61-73.
18. Qinghai Guo, Yanxin Wang, 2009. Trace element hydrochemistry indicating water contamination in and around the Yangbajing Geothermal Field, Tibet,
19. Qinghai Guo, Yanxin Wang, Wei Liu, 2009. Hydrogeochemistry and environmental impact of geothermal waters from Yangyi of Tibet, China. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 180 (1), 9-20.
20. Qinghai Guo, Yanxin Wang, Wei Liu, 2007. Major hydrogeochemical processes in the two reservoirs of the Yangbajing geothermal field, Tibet, China. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 166 (3-4), 255-268.
21. Qinghai Guo, Yanxin Wang, Teng Ma, Rui Ma, 2007. Geochemical processes controlling the elevated fluoride concentrations in groundwaters of the Taiyuan Basin, Northern China. Journal of Geochemical Exploration 93 (1), 1-12.
22. Qinghai Guo, Yanxin Wang, Teng Ma, Luxiu Li, 2005. Variation of karst spring discharge in the recent five decades as an indicator of global climate change: a case study at Shanxi, northern
23. Qinghai Guo, Tong He, Qifan Wu, Mingliang Liu, 2020. Constraints of major ions and arsenic on the geological genesis of geothermal water: Insight from a comparison between Xiong’an and Yangbajain, two hydrothermal systems in China. Applied Geochemistry 117, 1-9.
24. Yaowu Cao, Qinghai Guo*, Mengsi Liang, Weihao Sun, 2020. Sb(III) and Sb(V) removal from water by a hydroxyl-intercalated, mechanochemically synthesized Mg-Fe-LDH. Applied Clay Science 196, 1-11.
25. Mingliang Liu, Qinghai Guo*, Li Luo, Tong He, 2020. Environmental impacts of geothermal waters with extremely high boron concentrations: Insight from a case study in Tibet, China. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 397, 1-12.
26. Yaowu Cao, Qinghai Guo*, Zhu Shu, Cong Jiao, Li Luo, Wei Guo, Qian Zhao, Zuowei Yin, 2019. Tungstate removal from aqueous solution by nanocrystalline iowaite: An iron-bearing layered double hydroxide. Environmental Pollution 247, 118-127.
27. Li Luo, Qinghai Guo*, Yaowu Cao, 2019. Uptake of aqueous tungsten and molybdenum by a nitrate intercalated, pyroaurite-like anion exchangeable clay. Applied Clay Science 180, 1-10.
28. Mingliang Liu, Qinghai Guo*, Geng Wu, Wei Guo, Weiyu She, Weide Yan, 2019. Boron geochemistry of the geothermal waters from two typical hydrothermal systems in Southern Tibet (
29. Jin Luo, Yongqiang Zhu, Qinghai Guo*, Long Tan, Yaqin Zhuang, Mingliang Liu, Canhai Zhang, Mingcheng Zhu, Wei Xiang, 2018. Chemical stimulation on the hydraulic properties of artificially fractured granite for enhanced geothermal system. Energy 142, 754-764.
30. Zhu Shu, Qinghai Guo*, Yun Chen, Jun Zhou, Wei Guo, Yaowu Cao, 2017. Accelerated sorption of boron from aqueous solution by few-layer hydrotalcite nanosheets. Applied Clay Science 149, 13-19.
31. Yaowu Cao, Qinghai Guo*, Zhu Shu, Yaqin Zhuang, Zhengyan Yu, Wei Guo, Canhai Zhang, Mingcheng Zhu, Qian Zhao, Tianlin Ren, 2016. Application of calcined iowaite in arsenic removal from aqueous solution. Applied Clay Science 126, 313-321.
32. Mingliang Liu, Qinghai Guo*, Xiaobo Zhang, Yanxin Wang, 2015. Characteristic solutes in geothermal water from the Rehai hydrothermal system, Southwestern China. Journal of Earth Science 26 (1), 140-148.
33. Xiaobo Zhang, Qinghai Guo*, Jiexiang Li, Mingliang Liu, Yanxin Wang, Yijun Yang, 2015. Estimation of Reservoir Temperature Using Silica and Cationic Solutes Geothermometers: A Case Study in the Tengchong Geothermal Area. Chinese Journal of Geochemistry 34 (2), 233-240.
34. Jianfei Yuan, Qinghai Guo*, Yanxin Wang, 2014. Geochemical behaviors of boron and its isotopes in aqueous environment of the Yangbajing and Yangyi geothermal fields,
35. Yanxin Wang*, Qinghai Guo, Chunli Su, Teng Ma, 2006. Strontium isotope characterization and major ion geochemistry of karst water flow, Shentou, northern China. Journal of hydrology 328 (3-4), 592-603.
*: corresponding author
The 10 most important research grants (Principal Investigator)
1. “Thiolation of antimonite/antimonate and environmental geochemical processes of the thiolated species in water environments with coexistent antimony, arsenic, and sulfide (No. 42077278)”, supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 2021-2024. Funding amount: 570,000 RMB
2. “Relevance and environmental fate of methylthiolated arsenates in geothermal waters (No. 41861134028)”, supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of
3. “Formation, transport and transformation of thiotungstates in sulfide-rich hot springs as well as their environmental geochemical significance (No. 41772370)”, supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 2018-2021. Funding amount: 790,000 RMB
4. “Speciation transformation of typical toxic elements (fluorine, arsenic and boron) from high-temperature geothermal fluid discharge and its environmental geological effects (No. 41572335)”, supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of
5. “Geochemical processes in deep karst geothermal reservoirs and their indications (No. 2018YFC0604303-2)”, supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology of
6. “Potential for geothermal power generation in Hainan of Qinghai Province (No. 2015-138-HHS-KJ-X)”, supported by the Science and Technology Item of the State Power Investment Corporation of
7. “Investigation and evaluation of the geothermal resource in the south-western Yuanping City, Shanxi Province (No. 2019045108)”, supported by the government of Yuanping City, 2019-2020. Funding amount: 5,393,500 RMB
8. “Demonstrative application of key technologies for geothermal resources exploration as well as its comprehensive utilization (No. 2013-G-Q08A)”, supported by the Research fund of Bureau of Science and Technology of Qinghai Province, 2013-2014. Funding amount: 1,000,000 RMB
9. “Hydrogeochemistry of boron in and around the Yangbajing high-temperature hydrothermal system,
10. “Geothermal water-host rock interaction and its environmental impacts for high-temperature hydrothermal systems affected by magma degassing process (No. CUG120113)”, supported by the Fundamental Research Fund for National Universities of
1. The Golden Hammer Award for Young Chinese Geologists (awarded by Geological Society of China in 2011)
2. The IAGC Ebelmen Award (awarded by International Association of Geochemistry in 2010)
3. The First-Class Natural Science Award in Hubei Province of China (awarded by the Government of Hubei Province in 2009)
4. The Best PhD Thesis in Hubei Province of China (awarded by the Academic Degrees Committee of Hubei Province in 2006)
5. Fellowship of Chinese Academy of Sciences for Excellent Graduates (awarded by Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2004)